Whether you are a DIYer or a pro user, Impact drivers come in handy for DIY tasks and projects around the house or even for more significant construction.
Ryobi power tools are one of the top impact driver manufacturers in the world recommended by professionals.
But it’s a tough job to find a suitable model that’ll provide better torque and speed & get your job done smoothly!
Today we’re going to reveal the 5 best Ryobi 18v impact drivers reviews to buy in 2021
5 Best Ryobi 18v Impact Driver 2021
1. Ryobi R18DD7-0 Drill Driver
When you have fastener driving needs, and you want an impact driver to do the job right, don’t search far! With the Ryobi R18DD7-0 Impact Driver, your task just got easier.
It has enough power you need for almost all house driving functions. It features torque of 2-speed gearbox delivers 500/1800rpm and up to 60Nm.
For easy driving time and comfort, near the chuck of this impact driver comes a LED light to allow for a brightened workspace. Do not worry about slips, and there is a rubber overgrip that ensures you get increased friction for continuous stability.
Another beautiful feature of this product is the magnetic tray at the base of the driver to make it easier for you to hold fasteners and extra bits.
For ease, replacement of bit is as easy as it is. All you need do is pull the collar out and keep it locked by sliding in the bits. Do the opposite to pull them out. All these require no tools.
Professionals and homeowners trust the best Ryobi impact, driver. It is compatible with Ryobi 18V existing batteries or non-existing so far as the One+ name does.
RUBBER OVERMOLD: For a firm grip, the pistol has a notched mould on it to keep your grip firm. Thanks to this, when there are slippery conditions, there is improved accuracy.
TRI-BEAM LED LIGHTING: Brighten up your workspace by merely activating the trigger. This feature gives you enough light needed for you to carry out your work even in dark areas.
Easy BIT CHANGING: Changing your bit requires no tool with this Cordless Impact Driver. All you need do is plug a bit into the chuck to lock it in. To eject the bit, pull the collar back to have it removed in your palm.
MAGNETIC TRAY: Get freedom for your hands and get extra stability with the magnetic tray feature. On the unit is where fasteners and bits are kept to ensure security.
ONE+ COMPATIBLE: With this impact driver being a member of the One+ family 18V power tools, then the Ryobi batteries (18V), are compatible with both NiCad and lithium-ion.
- Removes lug nuts
- Triggers very quickly and stops quickly as well
- Offers precise drive depth
- LED light for dark work areas
- Loosens and tighten screws unlike other products
- High quality, powerful and durable impact driver
- LED lights only engage when bit begins to spin
2. Ryobi R18PD5-0 ONE+ Cordless Brushless Combi Drill
Are you a rugged DIYer?
Are you looking for a Ryobi cordless impact wrench that is suitable for use on a construction site or to remove lug nuts from cars?
Well then, I have good news for you! The Ryobi R18PD5-0 18v cordless impact wrench is that one tool you would not want to overlook. This tool is essential to you as a rugged DIYer.
For woodwork installations of lag bolts on construction sites, you need this impact wrench. Also suitable for lug nuts removal from your car. For these and more heavy-duty use, Ryobi R18PD5-0 is just the perfect tool.
It helps you get a good hold of your tool even in slippery conditions. No light?
No problem! The chuck built LED light will brighten up your workspace while you carry out your project smoothly. Also compatible with the battery system of Ryobi 18v tools.
Pull out your tool from the box and start work with it almost immediately. Get professional results with this quality impact wrench as you carry out your do it yourself projects.
The impact wrench produces a torque of 300 ft-lbs. It weighs a total of 8 pounds and dimensions are 23 x 80 x 202 inches.
RUBBER OVERGRIP: Offering you a firm grip is the notched rubber mould on the pistol keeping your grip firm throughout your project execution. With this, you get improved accuracy in slippery conditions.
Three-speed: Featuring a 2-speed selector, you can adjust the tool’s per minute.
LED Light: The Ryobi R18PD5-0 features LED lights that can add sparkle to your workspace. Even in dark areas, you can carry out your projects effectively.
One+ Compatible: As a member of the One+ 18V power tools family, it is compatible with the battery system of 18v Ryobi impact driver.
Stable Build: Built for heavy-duty uses and for rugged DIYers with rugged projects to carry out.
- The impact wrench features LED light for a more brightened workspace.
- The family of the One+ 18V power tools Offers 2-speed impact for appropriate tool impact adjustment
- Built for a firm grip in slippery conditions
- Rugged impact wrench for rugged DIYers
- The burning smell might emanate from the motor when turned on
- Battery insertion design needs review
3. Ryobi R18PD3-0 ONE+ 18V
Whether it’s for a renovation or a construction project The Ryobi R18PD3-0 One+ 18 Volt Drill Driver can be a right choice for DIYers and homeowners.
For easy adjustment, the torque of this drill can be adjusted to for your project, thanks to the 24 position clutch. Bits can be changed easily without having to employ the use of extra tools, the keyless chuck allows for this ease.
When it is time to make a switch from driving screws to boring holes or vice versa, you do not have to set down the drill; you can do the swap easily.
With Lithium-Ion and 500/ 1800 rpm R18PD3-0, you might want to check out this tool. At the base of this beautiful lime green and black drill, there is an onboard magnetic storage unit that allows for optimum ease in switching bits.
All needed screws and drill bits for your driving jobs can be put together in a place for a more comfortable project execution and storage. It weighs1.3 Kg, and its dimensions are 23 x 85 x 205 inches.
For added convenience, any available Ryobi battery can be used to power this drill driver. Be it the older NiCads or the One+ system batteries which are Lithium-Ion made; they are both sufficient for use. I strongly recommend this drill for any of your complicated or ordinary projects.
EASY BIT CHANGING: The Ryobi drill driver features a 1/2 inch keyless chuck that allows you swap bits by retracting the cuff.
CONVENIENT STORAGE: Featuring a magnetic bit holder, screws and your drill bits can all be assembled in a single place.
TORQUE CONTROL: Fastened to the 2-speed gearbox is the 24-position clutch ensuring suitability for various screwdriving and hole drilling needs.
Rubber overgrip: Get increased friction between your hand and the tool when you use this drill driver. It has a notched rubber pistol grip that gives ease of use even when your hands are greasy or even under inclement weather conditions.
ONE+ COMPATIBLE: Any of Ryobi’s batteries will power this drill driver, both the One+ system batteries (which are Lithium Ions made) and the yellow NiCad batteries.
- Heavy-duty drill driver
- Lithium-Ion batteries for quick charge, long use and lightweight
- Compatible with One+ system batteries
- Notched rubber pistol grip for increased friction
- Bit changing is very easy
- High vibration when halting
4. Ryobi R18IW3-120S 18V
Ryobi R18IW3-120S 18V Lithium-Ion Drill and Impact Driver Kit offers you heavy-duty tools for your projects with Lithium-Ion performance.
To suit your drilling and driving requirements, it features a 24 position clutch. This drill driver has a keyless chuck which allows you to replace bit easily.
These ensure you complete your jobs at a fast rate. At Ni-Cd, this one features the latest lithium-ion performance. Apart from its 24 clutch setting, it has a dual-speed gearbox ensuring you get reasonable control of your drilling power.
The Ryobi 18v impact driver kit has a torque of 400Nm and a belt clip ensuring easy access, all thanks to the cast aluminium housed gearbox its features.
Also for easy bit changes, it has a quick-connect coupler. A part of the Ryobi One + system, the batteries that come with this tool are exceptionally compatible and work well when used with any Ryobi tools.
Also ensuring optimum stability is the notched rubber moulding on the grip which allows you to do your job well under any condition. With their magnetic holder, screws and other necessary things are put in a single place.
DRILL DRIVER GEARBOX: The Ryobi impact driver kit offers you a gearbox for dual speed and also 24 setting clutch both ensuring you get full control of your drilling power. Furthermore, it features a keyless chuck aimed at making bit replacement much more easier hence, jobs will be done at faster rates.
IMPACT DRIVER GEARBOX: This is a driver that features a cast aluminium housed gearbox. Also featuring in this driver is the torque of 1600 in-lbs and a belt clip that allows for easy access. For easy bit changes, it features a quick-connect coupler of 1/2 inch.
ONE+ COMPATIBLE: Features two batteries that work with and are compatible with any Ryobi One+ system tools. The dual 18V batteries that come with this product are built to last long for your jobs be it driving, drilling, sanding or strimming, they promise to long life. Be it lithium-ion or NiCad, the R18IW3-120S charger in this kit works properly with any Ryobi battery.
EASY RUBBER GRIP: Both the impact driver and drill have, on their pistol grips, notched rubber moulding for improved stability and successful job execution in various situations.
BIT STORAGE: Thanks to the magnetic other bit holder situated at the base of both the impact driver and the drill, it keeps you organized as you effectively carry out your works
- High-quality lithium-ion batteries
- Power lack tools with a good run time
- Notched rubber mould for the comfortable pistol grip
- Ryobi One+ family Compatible
- 24 position clutch setting
- Locking down chuck requires strength
Impact Driver Vs Cordless Drill – Who Wins?
Impact drivers and drills drivers are not entirely the same but similarly so.
Impact drivers and drills are really portable, quite accessible and handy power tools. I know for sure it will stay popular for a long time because of what they offer.
I know you might be thinking what the difference is, here are a couple of differences.
A drill driver is a tool that is quite versatile, utilised for hole drilling and driving screws.
For impact drivers, they are just for one, and only one purpose which is to drive screws and even though drill drivers can do this too, impact drivers perform this role faster and more comfortable than a drill driver or any other tool will.
If you want to know why you should use an impact driver, then read on. You might also be seeking to identify the best impact drivers to buy.
Why Use An Impact Driver?
Impact drivers are handy for an in-house project, DIYs, and even significant constructions. Impact drivers are engineered for a purpose and that purpose is to drive screws in a speedy and secure manner.
Hence, you should use an impact driver for driving your screws. They are specially made for that purpose, so it is expected to offer you a satisfactory result.
Impact drivers are capable of driving long and large fasteners. They are mighty and can deliver 2, 3 or more torque than the average drill/drive will. Its strength has however, not reduced its ease of use; an impact driver is comfortable and easy to use.
On why you should use an impact driver, there you have it. And here’s more, you should consider using an impact driver when you have a ton of screws; extra large and long screws, especially when doing your projects.
Impact Driver Maintenance Tips
Impact drivers are tools that provide torque which eases tasks like turning screws and bolts. Drivers come in different types; manual, hydraulic, electric and air compressed forms.
An impact driver is a convenient machine that requires little effort to produce powerful energy. Below are tips that will help you keep your impact driver up and running for a long time.
1. Ensure Sockets Fit: When operating an impact driver, you should ensure the sockets fit perfectly as wrong fits could dent parts of the driver or even hurt the user.
2. Keep Away From Moisture: Never keep your driver outside, always keep it indoors away from wetness and dust. Drivers should not be kept in wet places, as this leads to rusting. When drivers rust it becomes ineffective and reduces the lifespan of the tool.
3. Regularly Lubricate The Driver: Oil moving parts to prevent friction between them. Do not use just any lubricant for your machine, make sure it’s recommended. Some drivers’ motor contains oil, change the oil at intervals.
You can also pour oil ( about 10 drops) into the inlet and operate the machine for some minutes, this will ensure all parts getting lubricated.
4. Clean Driver After Every Use: Always clean the driver regularly after every use. The driver’s performance is reduced when the dirt is accumulated. Use a clean cloth to wipe off visible dirt and employ air filtration to keep the compressed air free from dust.
Be sure to check for leakage on the tool if it’s air compressed, a leak means reduced pressure and torque. The instruction manual will guide you to recommended cleaners.
5. Take Care Of Accessories: The accessories that come with the impact driver are just as essential as the driver itself. Clean them regularly and keep them well. Always keep them in a dry place.
6. Handle The Driver Correctly: Avoid handling the driver carelessly as it can cause injury to the user. Ensure you hold the driver by the handle when in use.
Avoid letting the driver fall to the ground- falling sends a shock to internal components which can damage them or displace them. It can also cause leakage.
7. Don’t Attempt To Repair The Impact Driver On Your Own: If any parts of the driver become faulty, never use it like that, always seek the services of a qualified technician to repair it. Don’t attempt repairing it yourself, you could cause more damage to it if you do so.
8. Watch Out For The Cords: Don’t let the cords drag on the ground, look out for damages on the cord and repair immediately. Always carry the driver appropriately. Never use a driver when its cords are damaged.
9. Apply Moderate Torque: Applying too much torque may lead to accidents and may damage sockets used as well. A protective cover to guard it against elements is advised.
10. Do Not Leave Driver Unused For A Long Time: Just like every other machine, too much time without carrying out its purpose leads to wear. If you’re not going to be using the impact driver for a while ensure you check it out regularly to keep it intact.
Compactly pack the driver and keep in a dry place. Purposefully operate it at intervals to keep it up and running, lubricate it’s parts and stay back.
In this article, the top five Ryobi tool reviews for you. They have a lot of promising features that you stand to benefit from.
The Ryobi impact drivers feature inbuilt LED light for brighter space. They are quite portable and strong. These are just a must-have in your tools.
They should be part of the top tools. Any of the tools picked will serve you right, you have options to choose from, and believe me when I say you will be glad you did.
Ryobi P884 is unique for what it offers. This one is a combination of 6 power tools, 2 Lithium-Ion Batteries, a charger with a contractor’s bag, you are buying not just an impact driver when you buy this, isn’t that amazing?
For all they are worth, I recommend all these five Ryobi 18v impact drivers. Choose one or even all today and be glad you did.
I’m sure you will silently thank me later for recommending these power tools to you. They are a must-have and a must top-ranked tools in your toolbox. So, what are you waiting for?
Last Updated on January 1, 2021