If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about your gutters until there’s a problem.
And by then, it’s often too late. Clogs and blockages can lead to leaks and serious water damage to your home.
That’s why gutter brush guards are such an important addition to any guttering system.
Keep reading for more information on what gutter brush guards are, how they work, and if they’re worth the investment!
What are Brush Gutter Guards and What Do They Do?
Brush gutter guards are a type of guard that attaches to the top of your gutters and is designed to keep debris from entering the gutters and clogging them.
They typically consist of a series of bristles or wires that hang down into the gutter and discourage debris from building up.
Some models also have a lip that surrounds the opening of the gutter to prevent larger objects from entering.
Brush gutter guards work by trapping leaves, twigs, and other types of the debris before they can enter the gutters.
This helps to keep the gutters clear and prevents them from clogging, which can lead to water damage to your home.
How to Install Brush Gutter Guards?
Installing brush gutter guards is a simple process that can be done in just a few minutes
- All you need is a ladder, some screwdrivers, and the brush gutter guard kit
- The first step is to measure the length and width of your gutters
- Next, use the screws that come with the kit to attach the brackets to the gutters
- Slide the brushes into the slots on the brackets, making sure that they are pointing downwards.
The Benefits of Using Brush Gutter Guards
1. Brush gutter guards can help keep your gutters clean and free of debris, which can lead to improved water drainage and fewer problems with clogging.
2. Extend the life of your gutters by preventing rust and corrosion
3. Improves the appearance of your home by keeping the gutters looking neat and tidy
4. Gutter brushes are an affordable way to protect your gutters from damage
5. Installation is a quick and easy process that most people can do themselves.
6. Easily available in a variety of colors to match the exterior design of your home.
Who Would Use Brush Gutter Guards ?
Brush gutter guards are a great option for anyone who wants an easy way to keep their gutters clean without having to spend time cleaning them out manually.
They’re also a good choice for people who have large trees nearby whose leaves can often clog up gutters.
Are there any Disadvantages?
While gutter guards are an effective way of preventing clogged gutters, they do have some disadvantages.
-Gutter brushes aren’t always 100% effective at blocking all debris – leaves and other small items like twigs get stuck in the bristle pattern which requires you to take out these brushes periodically so that no blockages occur!
-The gutter brush guards can be a little tricky to remove, but with some practice anyone should be able do it.
6 Easy Steps To Clean Brush Gutter Guards
1. Remove any debris from the guards with a broom or rake
2. Hose off the guards to remove any remaining dirt or leaves
3. Mix a gallon of water with 1/4 cup of bleach in a bucket
4. Dip a scrub brush into the mixture and scrub the guards clean
5. Rinse off the bleach solution and allow the guards to dry completely
6. Reattach the guards to your gutters
FAQs About Brush Gutter Guards
How much do brush gutter guards cost?
There are a few different types of brush gutter guards, and the prices vary depending on the size and type of guard. Generally, you can expect to pay around £10-£20 for a small set of brush gutter guards, and £30-£50 for a larger set.
Where can you buy brush gutter guards?
You can buy from any reputed online stores like Amazon, eBay, Travis Perkins, bm stores, or any nearby Hardware store.
Conclusion- Are Gutter Guards a Waste of Money?
Gutter guards can be a wise investment if they are installed and maintained properly.
It helps you clean your gutters without having to climb up a ladder.
If you’re someone who hates doing chores, then a gutter brush is definitely worth the investment.
Gutter brush guards help to keep debris like leaves and pine needles from clogging your gutters, which can lead to drainage problems and even water damage to your home.
While there are some cheaper options available on the market, investing in a good quality brush guard will likely save you money in the long run by preventing costly repairs.
Last Updated on January 1, 2023